A student's life is a game that has different levels. Those levels are categorized according to the intensity of a student's understanding level. And for poor Alex, the levels were damn difficult to cross lol. Yeah, they were otherwise he would not have been sitting the library amidst the pile of books across him on the table.
It was not shocking to himself alone but to the others too who entered and exited the library! It was as hard as anything to comprehend when their peepers spotted him. He was from those students who had a phobia of the books, someone who would run away soon after getting to know there was a test and here Alex sat With a pile of books, shuffling through pages with a stern and stiff face!
There were girls walking from here and there making sure the librarian was not looking over them while they tried to birdwatch Alex.
Minutes turned into hours since the morning and he kept sitting there flipping the pages of different books simultaneously. "I deserve to fail!" he exclaimed to himself looking up from the book at the clock. "Only if I had respected the time and studied something than watching movies in my free time then today this would not have been this difficult." so true.
If flipping through pages could make someone top the examinations than today almost everyone had been toppers with hundred percent results. Anyway, the clock kept striking hours still the famous captain continued to study.
After over an hour later, Alex hit his head in the books, exhausted. Spending hours with no break was of no good to him. The content he read from different books made him forget whatever he read earlier and that only continued till the end of patience level.
Hmm it must be hard to remember studd, isn't it! Don't know how all those scholar students in the class do it! It is not a student like Alex's cup of tea. He still has his head in the book when the librarian walked over to him, her finger lightly poked his shoulder making. "Alex!" He did not look up. She poked him in the shoulder yet again, still it was of no work.
The librarian gained all her strength and shouted loudly his name that he kind of slipped out of his chair. "Gosh, that was terrifying!" he rubbed his ear lobe with a cocky face.
"Sorry for that, however you will have to leave now. I have to lock the library, the time is up, Alex. All the other students have left, so should you." She looked around in the hall that he followed her gaze and realize— indeed the entire area was empty. There was not even a single person other than them!
The librarian felt bad staring over at his appearance, his hairs have messed up and eyes seeming dizzy despite that— he wished to study. She can't help but praise his will power. Even though she was disappointed of him for wasting his time and now struggling with the preparation yet her eyes looked over his face with admiration.
"Everyone has gone!" he told himself more than asking her. The short haired librarian smiled witha nod of head answering his question non verbally. "Ohh well, then I must leave too. Thanks for letting me sit here for so long, ma'am." Thanking her for her help that she provided during the search for the necessary books and other reasons too, Alex accumulated her stuff.
She felt bad for asking him to leave amidst his serious study when she very well knew that after exiting the foots he will drive to his destination that is nothing but a bar or a disco yet she cannot do anything better to help as it has already been the time to close the library. Half the evening was up already. It was 6.15 pm now.
Never mind, Alex did not let his determination dwindle or shiver. Having his textbooks in his hands as he moved near the door he looked back at the books that the librarian was shelfing back in their places. Ohh that he could have them for reference! No problem, he will have to manage via the textbooks anyhow.
With a deep inhalation just as he turned around facing the front to leave, "Ouch!" He collided with someone and his books fell down.
"You!" he was going to bash the person however, when he saw he it was his mouth went shut. He wished to speak something unfortunately he can't for it was, Amara. Her innocent eyes were enough to calm down the turmoil inside of him. "Damn!" deciding to let it go, he bent down collecting his books.
Meanwhile, Amara but her lips matching him on the floor. "I am sorry." she chipped helping him pick his belongings.
Alex did not say anything nor he minded her helping him until she reached for his phone. The screen turned on abruptly hence flashing the wallpaper. The picture contained them— Alex and his girlfriend Perry kissing each other in bed with him on top of her. His heart thumped realizing how her eyes stared at it as if she was not happy about it. "Uhh my phone!" He awkwardly asked it back, Amara licked her lower lip uncomfortably whilst handing it back to him with an apology.
"Uhh I heard you were studying!" Alex wanted to leave, his steps were already to move ahead when she suddenly hit the conversation. "So how far have you studied?" They walked together slowly. Alec had not answered her former question yet she asked him another making sure that the convo does not fall awkward.
They came walking near the gate having her talk continously. He was sad for not replying to her nevertheless he was not in the condition to. Already he was in the pressure of getting failed and here the topper of the class was asking him about his preparation.
He felt more like a stupid walking beside here. Honestly, he did. If there she was not only the scholar student and the topper of the class than here he was just average who seldom scored above forty in an exam as high scores!
In fact, she knew that somewhere hence that stood as the reason for her to come here and talk to him. "You know the application of derivatives in economics, it is easy but a little difficult to understand. And you can do that witha trick." he rolled his eyes feeling stupid.
He did not even open the textbook of stats, she gave him attacks beforehand. Alex spared her a glance blankly before spitting out his frustration, "I know you know everything now would you just stop showing that off!" she was embarrassed by his statement that when he walked ahead, she did not have the courage to stop him.
Only if she could tell him she was not there yo show off but help him!
It is good to be clever but bad to show that off!God has made everyone keeping in mind some element that makes them different from others. Be it the appearance, IQ or their emotional behaviour or for that matter their background yet it is advisable to never show that off.And what Amara tried to do back there outside the library was humiliating. Like really! He was not good in study does not give her any right to ask him questions when she knows that well he would not be able to answer. "I really hate her now." Alex pursed his lips working on his hair. His irises rose a sense of dizziness indicating his seriousness toward the upcoming examinations. He could continue the studies until now if Martin would not have ca
6. Dude who you talking about? Suddenly everything seemed foggy and regretful to the guys sitting shyly staring him. A lot can be assumed when you first see Alex Ragnar, but the two most lovable traits majority of people enjoy to the highest are that he's gentle when you be gentle and oh so dangerous and you are being pathetic to him. And who, other than these guys sitting in the circular booth with him know that better. Of course, he is also athletic, lovable and sentimental, but those are often overshadowed and fogged up by the tendencies of being neglectful and scary as well. His gentleness though, this is what he is kind of cherished for becomes a matter of past when you see his dark aggressive side. Friends tend to count on this and his courage whenever they need cheering up both for them themselves and Alex. However, right now they did hit the wrong point at wrong time. Obviously people tend to
7. Naughty nightIt was now the time of leaving the pub. In fact majority of the crowd had left while some performing sex in the corners stayed back lost in themselves. Here Charlie being high on alcohol laid on the couch hiccuping beside his two friends as they sat close together talking about the same old stuff where they had confused each other. Daniel was no more around but gone with a chick informing his friends."You were talking about Amara?" Martin repeated the sentence yet again, his dizzy eyes stared nowhere particularly since it was too dark. "And all this while I assumed Perry though" he answered his own queries.On the other side Alex nodded in yes. "Mmmhmmm, she came to meet me outside the library today but I won't talk to her. Then in the evening just before I was to leave for the club I got her messages. Here." He removed his phone from his pocket and throwing it in Martin's lap with a tired yawn.
Chapter 8. Nerdy bi*ch topper! The cruel rays of the sun kissed Alex's face without his consent hence making him twitch along with a loud whimper. Tiredness was written all over his face. His lips that were swollen and stained with his girlfriend's lipstick showed how tiring yet passionate the night had been. But honestly, he wouldn't forget how amusing it was. No guy would imagine that his girlfriend would sneak into his apartment under his absence and turn the place into a dumping yard just to show that it was some burglar who did that. But when he'd slowly follow the noise coming directly from his bedroom he'd reach there only to see the amazing moment of his life, that is— his girlfriend waiting for him on the bed just in a bed sheet. Anyways, with a yawn Alex wide stretched his hands as he lett the rays cover his body wholly. He expected to caress Perry's body next to him and surprisingly his mind realized she was not there beside him.&
9. I don't give a damn. Alex mentally killed himself, he slapped his cheeks in mind for having caught red handed. She was standing there with her eyes staring him unbelievably with sadness. He could not move after spotting her there and his breath ceased. He felt himself dead and the way she defeatedly stood across him on the other side with big fat books in her hands, it was obvious she might have collected them for him. But who would have known everything will turn out to be like this! "Uh, Amara.. I.." he dragged his foot slowly in her way while his fingers curled up into fist conveying his emotions as for the tune being. Guilt dripped every time he blinked his eyes. "We were... You know." Well anyone in his spot would fumble after being caught like that. The situation turned drastically sad and nervousing. Only if he had known she would be there watching them then he would have kept a check upon his tongue. &nbs
10. Focus on studies, not on Amara! "Ugh, my back hurts and my eyes pain!" Alex stretched his body, raising his hand up in the air and sighed loudly that Amara who was sitting next to him serenely smiled. It had been a hectic day. Really. Nah, not for her but for him. He does not have a habit of sitting for three hours and studying continuously without any break. It was just three hours, and he was exhausted. The way his eyes reddened by looking just in the books, it displayed how hard it had been for him. "Are you... Smiling?" having seen her smiling at his tired appearance Alex asked. He was trying to shove the tiredness away. Obviously he was not used to studying so much in a day. It was a new part of his sexy fun-filled life. When she nodded her head in a no with the signs of her smile left behind on her lips, he mocked her, "Dude it is easy for you to study for long hours but a battle for me. P
11. These girls will kill me After that night, Alex really focused on what his friend Martin made him perceive regarding his study time with Amara. Alex sat with her everyday after lectures. Sometimes they sat down before the lectures and even during the break between two classes; and this was proving to be very helpful for him. She was not what she had shown herself to be— Alex realized this when they started spending time together. Amara was jolly and quite talkative. She would bore him with her blabbering at times as well. For him it was a compromise for the sake of the finals. But he was not aware of the growing feelings inside her chest. The nerdy topper was slowly falling for him. His actions, cute smile, funny jokes, confused face while she explained to something, the fear of failing, infinite stupid questions and many other stuff was attracting her. For him it was his normal behaviour he would express in front of anyone b
12. She's the cause of my sadness! Alex's POV... My blood boiled with the latter bad news. The hangover that I never had last night was now perfectly gone. "If what you said is true then I swear I will kill you Charlie!" I grabbed his collars and warned him. It was anyways over between Perry and I. A long time ago we had realized it would not work for us as a couple. We were still into that relationship just since we had not made our separation official. Not only Perry but I also decided to keep it like that because staying in a normal relationship with each other in the college was doing us good. So we never thought of making it tough but then— we knew it a