- Moloch and Baal -
(After Lucifer sent the group back to Hell)
Moloch and Baal were discussing over an echo call about their alliance with Satan.
"Can we really trust him?" Moloch asked, stroking his beard.
"Bit late to question it now?" Baal grunted. "We could win without his help, so I'm not overly invested in his strength."
"Mmmmm." Moloch hummed. "Don't you think the timing is strange?"
"His timing is always strange." Baal laughed. "Why are you so concerned about this?"
Moloch paused. He was worried about himself more than anything. He had questioned his alliance with even Baal in the past, so this trepidation was nothing new.
"We lost the Underground," Moloch growled. "I don't like the way things are going."
"Like I said-" Baal sighed. "-bit late to question it now."
- Elijah and Lao -(After Death called Satan)Lao, Heinrich, Yvere, Sabu, and Elijah were heading towards Bolotano with everyone else."You don't have to fight," Lao said."Why are you telling me this?" Elijah sighed. "I know, but I have a feeling there won't be an actual choice.""I wanted to thank you, for Sol." Lao looked at the ground. "And...say that I'm sorry for how I've come across.""You're fine." Elijah shrugged. "I don't mean any offense by this; we're not friends. We've practically just met and you clearly have a lot to deal with on average.""I...I, sorry." Lao stopped.Elijah knew what Lao was trying to do. He hated the situation he was in, leading to him forgetting about the rest of the team's problems. He had the least to lose among all of them, and yet he was acting as if he had it the worst.&
Where do humans go when they die? There exists another world, almost parallel to the human realm, known by its inhabitants, for lack of agreement on any other name, as the Otherworld. In this world exists many fantastical things, gods, and creatures of legend.Humans are reborn into this world when they die. If they were old when they passed they return to their youth, and if they were sickly they are healed, regardless of where they get sent. Humans who come to the Otherworld this way are called "Reborn"Where a human goes when they're reborn is determined by their prior actions, but they first get sorted in Limbo, a dimension between the human world and the Otherworld. Limbo's time flows differently so that as it sorts humans, the Otherworld doesn't get flooded with new life.For the truly good, they get Heaven, or Paradise, as can be known. A holy sanctuary guarded by the angels, who are lead by the archangel Michael.
- Lucifer -Lucifer began showing Elijah around the non-prison sections of Hell."We teach most things here. Magic, literacy, science, and current events of the other side. I find human advancements fascinating."Elijah kept looking around at the village, which despite being cleaner and more well kept, didn't look much different from the villages he had seen in movies. He is surprised that such a place could exist right next to the prison he was just in.'I can't believe all of this is real. It's not just a nightmare. All of this...I don't think...but how can it?'Lucifer noticed Elijah's worried face and started to give his default reassurance."I understand the confirmation of another world is a difficult concept to swallow in just a few days, but I assure you many humans have gone through this before. The feeling of disillusion goes away."
- Lucifer -Lucifer flew to the building Peter had taken Elijah to. It was a large grey stone building with a pointed roof that had the words "Library of the worlds" engraved onto the front. He went in, spotting Peter and Elijah in-between two large bookshelves. He walked up to the two."Peter we have an investigation to prepare for."Peter nodded and said "Course. I'll gather the group." Before walking away he turned and said to Elijah "Sorry, we'll have to continue our conversation later.""Investigation?" Elijah asked, looking around at the massive library he was in.Lucifer started walking back to the entrance and motioned for Elijah to follow. They stopped in front of a large counter where a woman with black horns on the side of her head and red skin looked up at them."I need the humans' guide, Mili."Mili, also known as Miliketh, w
- Death -Death was still thinking about things long after the call had ended.'Why would an unknown lead a human resistance? If they want revenge against the anti-human gods then surely there'd be a better way of going about this.Death thought about calling a few others, to see if they had any more information, but he knows they'd tell him if they saw anything new worth telling. There was a light knock at the door to which he responded "Come in."In walked Mary, a woman around 5'5" with brown hair down to her cheeks and brown eyes. She was wearing the same purple robe that Zach was.Death looked at the echo on his desk."You don't need to knock Mary. I don't have any other meetings planned for awhile. Even if I did I would have let all the grim know if I shouldn't be interrupted."Mary was always nervous around Death. He towered over he
- Death -Zach knew the best of five rule was a formality. There wasn't a chance he'd get a single win, even if Death allowed him free hits. The best Zach could hope for is dragging the fight out with his healing magic.'The goal is winning the argument, not the fight. The goal is-.' Zach kept repeating the thought"You can start." Death said while folding his arms.'I hope you can understand where I'm coming from by the end of this.'Zach approached slowly, keeping his hands up the whole way."You need to play a bigger part with this new problem. I don't want you to regret your passivity...again." Zach finished his sentence and threw a right straight at Death.Death shifted his head to the right, avoiding the blow while sweeping Zach's leg with a swift left kick."My passivity comes from me trying to avoid constant i
- Lucifer and Elijah -As Elijah stepped into the supplies building he noticed the sheer volume of stuff in the room. Along with the many crates, there was a demon sitting at a stone counter to the left of the doorway. The demon had a dark hood over their head, so he couldn't see them very well. He was more conscious about staring now, so he diverted his gaze to the other parts of the room.There were shelves marked as "medicine" along with weapon racks and crates of clothing. There were some hanging bulbs that illuminated everything well."You have lightbulbs in this world?" Elijah asked, looking around at the various tools and gear that was lying around.Lucifer responded while digging through one of the boxes."They're harnessed magic. There's a rune in the bulb that traps electric energy. The technology here is a little more advanced than the average town, but still nowhere n
- Lucifer -Ten minutes had passed since Lucifer's instructions to Elijah. Lucifer was making sure to correct hand placements, while also giving advice on how to reduce the backlash from the magic."Picture your hands as though they're covered in thin gloves made of energy. The body tends to create a natural shielding when you're doing basic things with magic, but as the action gets more complicated you have to manually control the protection. This will reduce the shock you receive considerably, and will also be useful for dealing with other's magic in the future."'He's not giving up, that's good, but beginners tend to snap after so many failed attempts.'Elijah was furious, but not at his inability to get the training right.'It's just a little shock, stop flinching. You're a grown-ass man, get your shit together and stop flinching.' As Elijah yelled at himself mentally he shoc